WooCommerce Advanced Troubleshooting Guide
If your installation is not properly creating API Keys, or you are having trouble syncing products or receiving orders, there is likely a problem getting your WooCommerce installation communicating to the Apliiq platform. Due to the nature of WooCommerce, there are a number of different configuration settings that could create challenges in communicating to 3rd party platforms like Apliiq. The following list we've identified as causes and solutions to ensure your WooCommerce store can communicate with Apliiq. Please note, in some cases you may need to work with your hosting provider to change the configuration of your store.
- Please ensure, your store is utilizing WooCommerce version 3.5 or prior. Ensure you move up to the most recent WooCommerce version prior to connecting your shop.
- Your store doesn't have a valid HTTPS/SSL certificate. Ensure you install and activate one so our app can communicated with the WooCommerce API.
- For the module to work WordPress should be installed at domain or subdomain level, not at page level. For instance, say you're building up a store for a customer and you're making a mockup on www.example.com/userstore/. Our server will attempt to associate with the WooCommerce API at subdomain level, on www.example.com however the store is setup on www.example.com/userstore/. As another option, you can stall the development store on the userstore.example.com subdomain, that it will work.
- Your site is password protected, or is still "coming soon" or you're using a "site under development" module that is blocking the connection to your store. This likewise disables the API access and our application cannot connect to your shop.
- You have a caching plugin or similar plugins on your store that strips the "authorization" header. Try disabling any such plugins individually one by one to locate the one that is causing the issue.
- It's possible that your WooCommerce store is using a different SSL/TLS security cypher than the security cypher we use at Apliiq. The following are the security cyphers that are currently supported (your store only needs to support one of these cyphers to successfully communicate with Apliiq). The cyphers are listed in preferred order (the top one being most ideal & secure). Depending on server, operating system and network configuration, your hosting environment will have different cyphers available. We've found this article useful in configuring different cyphers.
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xc028) ECDH secp384r1 (eq. 7680 bits RSA)
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (0xc027) ECDH secp256r1 (eq. 3072 bits RSA)
Important: As this relates to your webserver as well as other WordPress plugins, Apliiq can't offer help in these cases, but's it's likely that your hosting provider can. You can attempt the solutions underneath at your own risk. If you need technical support, we recommend connecting with a developer to address this issue.
You can try adding the following to your .htaccess file as it might resolve the issue:
SetEnvIf Authorization "(.*)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1
If that does not help, please review the configuration of your caching plugins and look for settings that pertain to caching or not caching headers.
If that does not work, contact your hosting provider.
Apliiq x WooCommerce (BETA) Installation Guide
Thank you for picking Apliiq and WooCommerce as your partners in your clothing line! We are excited to begin working with you to get your store up and running. As you are probably aware, selling your clothing brand directly to consumers is a great ...
WooCommerce Basic Troubleshooting
If you are experiencing issues syncing WooCommerce products or receiving orders from your WooCommerce store into your Apliiq account, it's best to check the status of the integration to ensure it is setup properly. We recommend checking your ...
How to update your WooCommerce Installation
As we work through the WooCommerce Beta program, we appreciate feedback from our brand partners about how to improve the app. We are actively reviewing all feedback provided and improving the WooCommerce app to make it more robust. From time to ...
Dropshipping Getting Started Guide
Everything You Need To Start Dropshipping Your Clothing Line 7 Minute read This guide is to help you get started using the Shopify/WooCommerce + Apliiq dropshipping app. If you already have a Shopify/WooCommerce store integrating Apliiq to fulfill ...
The Startup Guide To Ecommerce Photography
Published on Feb 7, 2017 Product photography is an often overlooked, but critically important piece of starting a clothing line. One of the key reasons to order a sample is to take great product photography. If you are just starting your clothing ...