Concerned about Copyright Infringement? DMCA notice form
DMCA notice form
Submit a takedown request of copyright-infringing content if you believe someone used your artwork without authorization
1. What is DMCA?
At Apliiq, we do our best to comply with copyright rules and regulations while asking you to do the same.
Like other print-on-demand vendors, we adhere to the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which regulates the removal of copyrighted material. Accordingly, if you believe that your designs or other intellectual property have been reproduced illegally, you must submit a report to Apliiq called a Takedown Notice.
Before filing a Takedown Notice, carefully consider whether the Fair Use doctrine protects the copyrighted material in question. If you file a report when no infringement has occurred, you may be liable for legal costs and attorneys’ fees. If you’re unsure whether someone’s use of your copyrighted material constitutes infringement, please seek legal advice.
2. Filling a takedown notice
Once you’ve confirmed that someone is using your content in a way that infringes upon your rights (see Apliiq's Terms of Service), file a Takedown Notice that includes:
1. A link to the original content and description of the infringed-upon rights, supported by registration and other documentation (if possible);
2. A description of the infringing content supported by links or other details about where the content is available;
3. Your name, surname, address, and email indicating that you own the content or are authorized to act on behalf of the right holder;
4. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, confirming that:
- the information is accurate;
- you own the copyright or are authorized to act on behalf of the right holder and have made sure the owner hasn’t previously approved the content’s use;
5. An electronic or physical signature.
3. Filling a counter notice
If your work has been reported in a Takedown Notice by another person, but you believe it was a mistake (for example, you can prove that you’re authorized to use the content), you can fill out the take down notice as a counter notice:
1. A description of the content that was removed, supported by registration and other documentation (if possible);
2. Your name, surname, address, and email indicating that you own the content or are authorized to act on behalf of the right holder;
3. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you believe in good faith that the content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake;
4. An electronic or physical signature.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should I Trademark, Patent, Or Copyright My Clothing Line???
Published on Aug 15, 2016 While we are NOT LAWYERS and you CANNOT TAKE THIS AS legal advice, we do want to offer you some very practical advice on protections you may want to take when you start a clothing line. There are so many different options, ...
How To Color Match For Print On Demand
If you are looking to get into print on demand, but have some concerns about getting colors perfect, this article is for you. We will walk you through the step by step process of how to match colors to get the exact colors you want. But before we ...
How To Setup California Resale Certificate
Do not constitute any of this information as tax advice. We are not your tax lawyers, consultants, or your accountants. If you are unsure about how best to handle taxes please reach out to your personal accountant. In most cases Apliiq is required ...
How To Get The Colors You Want In Digital Prints
While digital prints have the advantage of creating photo-realistic images there are some limitations with regards to colors and steps you can take to ensure you get a print you will love. Disclaimer: It is your responsibility to manage the colors in ...
How To Link High Resolution Artwork To Custom T Shirt Designs
One of question Apliiq gets regularly from partners is 'how do I upload a hi-resolution version of my artwork file'? The Apliiq website now allows for a .png or .jpg file up to 12 MB in size to be uploaded after clicking "add your artwork" during ...