How Does Tracking And Fulfillment Work With Dropshipping?
It’s Probably The Best Part About Dropshipping
Knowing that you have a partner that will individually fold, package and ship your orders for you, completely frees you up to focus on the most important part of your brand, building your brand vision and building customer awareness. Time spent ensuring your customers are absolutely psyched about your brand.
Here’s Exactly How It Works
When we ship your order, the Apliiq dropshipping app will generate a postal tracking code and it will be sent to your store as a fulfillment record associated with the order. If configured properly, your store will automatically email your customer their shipment tracking information. It’s great to know that all of this back and forth happens automatically for you. It’s also great that you can see directly in your store which orders have shipped and which have not.
Not Always Seeing Fulfillment Records In Your Store?
In some circumstances, there are configurations within your store that may prevent the Apliiq dropshipping app from properly sending fulfillment tracking information to your store. If you notice that some orders are not marked as fulfilled in your store, but see that they have been fulfilled in your Apliiq orders page, you may have a configuration issue in your store that is preventing fulfillment records from being accepted. Please check the following scenarios to ensure your store is properly configured.
- Do not click "Request Fulfillment" or "Mark as Fulfilled" and add fulfillment records manually on any orders in your Shopify store. The Shopify app will automatically send orders to your Apliiq account, so this action is unnecessary. Additionally, doing so can change the status of your order within Shopify that will block the app from properly sending fulfillment records with tracking back to your store when your order ships.
- It’s required to have your product vendor be set to Apliiq. If you noticed that some of your products were not marked as Vendor = Apliiq, please set the vendor to be Apliiq and add the Apliiq dropshipping app from the Shopify app store directory. Re-adding the app will reinstall it and ensure your products are linked to the Apliiq Fulfillment Location.
- If you don’t see an Apliiq Fulfillment Location in your Shopify store under Admin > Setting > Locations, app locations section, then re add the Apliiq dropshipping app from the Shopify app directory. The latest version of the app will create an Apliiq Fulfillment location in your store and ensure tracking information is sent properly.
- If you decide to link your store to a different Apliiq account, it’s best that you uninstall the store from your Shopify account and re-install the app into your store. This will ensure the Apliiq fulfillment location is properly mapped to your Apliiq account.
- Double check your variants to ensure you have set the correct inventory management settings, your variant page will look like one of the following 2 images depending on the version of Shopify you are running. Ensure you have the correct values set on the highlighted fields.
- Under Settings > Checkout > Order Processing Ensure that you have selected the option "Do not automatically fulfill any of the order's line items"
Or your variant screen may look like this;
Settings > Checkout > Order Processing
Kick back and feel good knowing that we got your back in fulfilling and notifying your customers about their order tracking.
How Do Taxes Work With Dropshipping?
While setting up your taxes for your store is not the most exciting part of running your business, it's important that you take some time to ensure taxes are setup properly in your store. This article primarily focuses on sales tax, which is a ...
How Do Shipping Fees Work With Dropshipping?
How are shipping rates calculated? When a drop ship order is placed, your shipping rate is automatically calculated based on the weight of your item/s, where it’s being shipped to, and the quantity of items. The quantity of items will determine the ...
Tracking Link Showing Old Information?
All shipments fulfilled by Apliiq using tracking numbers so you and your partners can track the status of their shipments as they are being delivered. However, from time to time tracking numbers do not work exactly as we all would like them to. USPS ...
How To Switch To Apliiq Dropshipping
That Feeling You Are Feeling Isn't Crazy You just discovered that Apliiq is solely focused on delivering the highest quality apparel on demand and your current provider just isn’t cutting it. Your brand and customers deserve the best quality apparel ...
Who Is Notified When A Product Is Shipped?
Once your order is shipped the tracking information will be emailed to you, just like any order placed on the Apliiq website. We do this to let you know that we have mailed the order on your behalf. However, that shipping notification is not sent to ...